Federal Government Affairs
In its effort to further informed public policy on the subject, the CME Coalition will endeavor to:
- Educate federal policymakers about the important role played by CME in the functioning of today’s health care system.
- Articulate a compelling, bipartisan case for a vital role for CME in the health care system of tomorrow.
- Educate federal policy makers about the relationships that exist between CME providers, beneficiaries, institutions, and corporate sponsors.
- Develop and promote an industry Code of Conduct that emphasizes best practices and highlights strong “conflict of interest” prohibitions.
- Monitor for legislative, regulatory, and investigative threats to CME emanating from Washington, DC and develop effective responses.
- Monitor for legislative, regulatory, and investigative threats to CME emanating from the states and coordinate effective responses.
- Develop a roster of strategically placed Congressional champions for CME who will be in a position to effectuate helpful policy or, in the alternative, stand against legislative or regulatory threats to CME.